Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Flint Hills Trail -- Vassar to Morril Rd

Rode west from Vassar tonight past the 75 Hwy Bridge and back. Very nice ride. I believe we were almost to Morril road when we turned around. Just over 9 miles for the evening.  Saw some interesting things on the ride.  My Sweetie spotted what she refers to as a Badger.   I spotted a watermelon.   My knees gave me notice that I have been using them more recently through their pain nerves.   So it was me this time that was slowing down the wagon.   We gave many on 75 HWY the satisfaction of actually seeing someone using the bridge built across it.  Many times I have driven under that bridge and said nobody uses the darn thing!  There are fancy yellow poles blocking motorized vehicles from crossing the bridge.  So being the corny dork that I am, I have to recommend they paint them with a warning..  Don't eat yellow poles!!!!!   I'm Out!

S~~
You'll have to look real hard... You'll see I was not kidding when I said I saw a Watermelon! S~~

1.  It WAS a badger. 

2.  Links to news stories about the Hwy 75 bridge, concerning both the old railroad bridge and the current new pedestrian bridge: 
Deciding what to do about it (2008)
Bid approved for construction (April 2010)
Construction begins (July 2010)
Old bridge removed (Sept 2010)
New bridge being built (Nov 2010) 

~~ H 
So happy to see green healthy crops this year after the horrible drought of 2012.

I don't care who you are. Dat's purdy right there.

Excited to finally get to see the world from ON this bridge, since sweetie drives under it twice a day on his commute.

And this is why we are glad there is a trail bridge over Hwy 75.  Lots of big semis at 65 mph.


It does not show in the picture, but from this spot, you can see both the Scranton elevator AND the Burlingame elevator and water tower, probably a distance of at least 20 miles.  Pretty cool.
And there's that little Honda Fit that we cram both of those mountain bikes into.  Where there's a will, there's a way.

VIDEO:  2013-07-16 Flint Hills Nature Trail -- Vassar west over Hwy 75 bridge to Morril Road



No comments:

Post a Comment