Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Riding = Fun. Walking = Not really

Broke a spoke.  Wobbling wheel.  Had to walk.

Unanimous vote:  The fun factor in walking is negligible. :)

~~H

My Sweetie accused me of pedaling under the influence until we discovered I had popped a spoke when I traversed a small canyon on my side of the Flint Hills Nature trail this evening.   Didn't want to damage my tube so I walked all the way back into town.  Just keep Walking doesn't have the same ring to it...  So I think I will avoid that in the future.

All that walking made me have to come home and hang upside down on my inversion table! :(  Which I do highly recommend to anyone who has had lower back pain issues.  Between it and some simple back exercises I have almost completely eliminated the pain that kept me bed ridden last summer for almost 2 weeks!

S~~   

2 comments:

  1. I read your comment over on our FB page but I actually did find I had a broken spoke while we were in Colorado recently. I suspect it might have even been broke for sometime and I'd been riding that way. Nova had been telling me for while that my wheel was wobbling.
    Hope you're getting yours fixed and back on the bike soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ended up having to take it to a bike shop to repair as it was on the gear side of the rear wheel and I did not have tools to remove the gear. Got it fixed on Saturday.

      Delete