Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm a believer

Tires really do make all the difference in the world on the weight and enjoyment of the bike ride.  My Craiglist bike came with the foam No-More-Flat inner tubes, which part of me loves the absolute assurance of knowing a flat tire is not going to happen.  However, tonight I rode his new bike which has just plain old inner tubes.  I easily did 50% less pedaling tonight and enjoyed my ride much more, especially coasting on the downhills.  With my No-More-Flats, I am literally pedaling almost 100% of the time, even going downhill, just to keep the bike in motion.

This has convinced me that the risk of a flat happening is worth the fun factor that is to be gained by a bike that goes faster and takes less work to power, enabling me to ride longer.

~~H

Yeah what she said.  I was struggling to keep up with the speed demon tonight.  Don't know why she is referring to it as my bike. The plan is for it to become her bike because its a smaller frame and the one she has will become mine.    I will be swapping in my liners and tubes in place of the solid tubes when I move to riding the X-50.   We will then get the same setup for you to use on the Swissbike.
With our little Honda Fit,  the folding bikes will allow us to keep the bikes in the back of the car on our trips and not kill our MPG by having a rack on the back.  

S~~   

No comments:

Post a Comment