Saturday, July 29, 2017

Cape Cod Rail Trail & Nauset Bike Path-- Orleans, MA

Chilly 18-mile bike ride on the heavily used Cape Cod Rail Trail and the hillier Nauset Bike Trail that took us to Coast Guard Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. It was overcast, blustery and cold!!! Yes, it was cold. It was July and it was cold.
The sea was angry that day, my friend. -- -- George Costanza
1. I'm glad I decided to throw my leggings into the suitcase. I almost didn't because they are fleece lined. Who knew those would be welcome on July 29?!

2. I almost didn't pack that gray sweatshirt. That would have been a mistake.

3. I definitely felt the absence of the fleece ear flaps that are always on my personal helmet at home.

But it didn't rain. ♥️

Oh, and I wiped out in some loose gravel coming back into the bike rental parking lot at the end of the ride, but at least he says I did it gracefully. I could tell it was happening and that I wasn't going to be able to stop it, so I just laughed on the way down 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment