Sunday, October 13, 2013

Flint Hills Nature Trail -- A thorny issue

Very short ride on the Flint Hills Nature Trail today, less than 2 miles from Morrill Road east to Adams road.  Didn't intend for it to be that short.

Houston, we have a problem.


Here are just two of the countless number of thorns in BOTH tires.  Ugh.
I apparently rode through a damn briar patch or something

Yep. Both of them. Flat as a pancake.
And there goes my white knight on his black stallion, back to retrieve the car and come pick me up.

Waiting for my ride.
But the upside of this setback was I learned how to change a tire.  And I got double the practice.


Running my hand all along the inside of the tire checking for thorns. 
The amount that was in there was absolutely ridiculous.





1 comment:

  1. Bummer. I sometimes think about checking in to the Kevlar lined tires but haven't.

    ReplyDelete