Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Flint Hills Nature Trail -- Osage City west to Hoch Road


June 26, 2013

First night for me to ride my new-to-me Montague X50 mountain bike.  Here was my Facebook post about it after my first ride on it:  

"Oh. My. Hell. This morning, did I refer to my new-to-me ride as a rugged mountain bike? After that same 5 mile trail ride on it tonight, I'm upgrading that classification to Tank. In fact, that's its new name. 

Tank was a Craig's List purchase and he came fully equipped with the following accessories:

*A handlebar bag--with a Swiss Army thingie in it, also a padlock without a key LOL
*A handlebar GPS/cell phone mount
*A handlebar flashlight
*A left side handlebar mirror
*A rack on the back with a tail-light on it (we took that off so I could adjust the seat height)
*And apparently tubeless tires. Yes, solid rubber tires. Do you know how frigging heavy solid rubber tires are? Ask me. I can tell you."

**Update 07/13/2013: After delving more deeply into Tank's anatomy, we discovered that he does not have solid rubber tires.  He instead has the foam inner No-Mor-Flat type of "tube." Which is super awesome for the types of trails we have been encountering. I'm all for not having to change tires.   

~~H



Flint Hills Nature Trail at Hoch Road 1 mile west of Osage City

Flint Hills Nature Trail at Hoch Road 1 mile west of Osage City

Flint Hills Nature Trail bridge between K31 Hwy and Hoch Road, Osage City -- wouldn't want to go sailing off of there!







No comments:

Post a Comment